It would save a traveler a lot of time, money and effort on seeing new places if only he/she knows the formula for a successful and memorable travel. Essentially, there are only a few factors a traveler needs to take into consideration: destination, activities, transportation and accommodation. Each is as important as the rest, but for this purpose we want you to take a closer look at how important accommodation is when you are living your days and nights away from your home while on holiday.
Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, the quality of your sleep and rest can define the quality of your experience. While a lot of travelers would opt for cheaper and more affordable rooms when travelling, there are a couple of aspects that must be considered before reserving that room. Here are some of tips you can consider when finding a hotel for your next destination:
- Reviews – The best way to get the nitty-gritty details of a hotel is by checking the experiences of previous guests. Most travel sites have a review section for various hotels all over the globe. You must also consider reviews from solo and group travelers, season, etc. since the reviews may also vary depending on these factors. Take note of important points like safety, sanitation, location and service.
- One-Stop Shop – Although hotels hike up their prices compared to outside services, it will be better to coordinate with them for security purposes. This is why it is better to find good hotels with restaurants, laundry services, meeting rooms, transportation services and other amenities. With these features you can focus more on the adventures that the destination offers.
- Femme Friendly – It is no secret that women pack twice or even thrice as much for the same trip duration than men. If your luggage allowance does not permit you to bring all the essentials you may possibly need to keep you looking your best during your travels, look for hotels that are female friendly. These are hotels that stock deodorants, hairspray as well as hair curlers and straightener, just in case you need them. Ask when you are booking, if these are important for you.
- Transportation – There are a lot of hotels offering promotions and discounts for guests, it is always smart, however, to check the services such as transport if it is excluded when these promotions are applied. Travelling in a foreign destination can be a memorable experience, but it will not be as fun if you find that you are lost or stuck somewhere and have no way of going back to the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi – You might be asking yourself right now if there are still hotels that charge for internet use, the answer is a resounding yes. There are still a number of hotels that charge their guests for the use of Wi-Fi services and ones that even only have Wi-Fi in the lobby.
- Telephone – More and more hotels are slowly getting away from a telephone unit/service inside the room to further lower costs. However, travelers must make sure that they choose hotels with in-room telephones. The availability of this device allows you to call the front desk immediately especially during emergencies.
- Accessibility – Getting low rates for hotels with great amenities is one thing, but finding out your hotel is in a location that can’t be found in the map is another. Before booking your hotel room, do a research about the location. There are hotels that can only be reached by service cars, which means you need to spend more for transportation, making the low cost accommodation fairly the same with staying in better hotel in the center of the city.
- Security – This is the most important point that you need to ensure. Travelling to a foreign destination can spell trouble if you do not research and choose the right hotel and services. Some points to check include CCTV cameras, guest-only access floors, well-staffed hotels, and well-lit lobbies.
The smallest of details can make or break your trip and choosing the right hotel is a big part of this experience. Before falling prey to great discounts and promotions from unknown or new hotels always research, create a check list and consider the different points explained in this article.