Hotel Metropolis, Rome – A Great Accommodation Option
We recently selected the Hotel Metropolis for a short stay in Rome.
- it was a small hotel (about 54 rooms)
- the Hotel Metropolis tariff included a buffet breakfast
- free WiFi is available for guests
- there is an attached restaurant / coffee shop
- the location of the Hotel Metropolis is great, out of the central area, but a short walk to Vatican City, the Trevi Fountain and many of Rome’s museums
- the Hotel Metropolis is also well located in terms of public transport, only 1 block from Lapanto Metro station and with trams and buses outside the door
- the hotel is located in a beautiful tree lined thoroughfare
Whilst we stayed at the hotel, we managed to enjoy a lunch at the restaurant. The selection of food was great, with substantial variety and a broad and resonably priced wine list. We enjoyed a bottle of 2011 vintage d’Abruzzo regional rosso (red) wine, and found it to be excellent value at around 18 euros.
The hotel offers a variety of rooms, ranging from a standard double room to superior double rooms and executive suites. The interior renovation is very thorough, with a range of quality amenities, and beautifully appointed bathrooms.
The buffet breakfast offers a wide range of selections, from the standard continental breakfast items through to cold cuts or meat and cheeses with salads, hot eggs and bacon, a variety of danish pastries, locally baked breads, cakes and tarts. It was also appreciated that we were able to order espresso coffees to enjoy with the breakfast.
We were also thankful to the lady behind the reception desk for advising us of a forthcoming public transport strike, and offering to book a limousine transfer from the hotel to the airport at a very reasonable price.
We would heartily recommend the lovely Hotel Metropolis in Rome for anybody wishing to spend some time exploring the “Eternal City”.