Kids are not too young to enjoy a family travel. With the world as their playground and their classroom, there is too much fun in store for them and lessons to learn. Taking kids on a long-haul travel, however, has its numerous challenges. Parents are often deterred by these and postpone trips until they are much older.
You don’t need to. You’ll discover that travelling with your children has its benefits, not only for them, but for you as well. All it takes is some planning, creativity, a great deal of interest, and the right travel entertainment to keep them busy and amused. With so much gadgets available these days, you must not have any difficulty picking a few suitable ones for a happy journey with your kids. Mobiles are so common and handy; these are certainly among the best gadgets to use while on travel.
If you want something to occupy their time so there will be less bickering and tantrums while on a car/van or on an airplane, check out the mobile apps for kids that Family Travel Made Easy suggest through its blog entitled “Apps for Road Trip Activities.”
… Taking a road trip is a great way to spend time together as a family and see some of the sights across the country people often miss by flying to their destination.
While some kids seem to love the thrill of heading down the road to destinations unknown, there are others who quickly become bored, especially when you are driving through uninteresting areas.
Of course some kids would spend every waking moment attached to a screen of some kind, so I am by no means suggesting that this be their only entertainment.
These are just ideas to let you know what options are out there.
By all means, mix it up with some interactive play sprinkled with some tech time here and there
One of the ways you can keep your kids occupied on the road is with the use of apps for your mobile devices.
Here are the mobile apps suggested by the site:
- DirecTV: If your kids are glued most of the time to your TV at home, those programs they watch can definitely recapture their interest to forget they’re on the road and getting bored. Get Direct TV on your mobile. This app can be loaded on just about any mobile gadget and let them watch their favorite shows to their hearts’ delight, even set your DVR remotely. You can access the app by subscribing to DirectTV and signing up in the website: http://www.SaveOnTVDirect.com
- Subway Shuffle Lite: This is a great app for kids who love working on puzzles. This game entails removing obstacles so their train can move forward. It’s fairly simple, but will no doubt get them preoccupied and their brains working.
- Balloonimals: Get your younger kids laughing when they make animal clowns move in some funny ways. This app is great for kids who are fans of animals, clowns and birthday parties. All the kids need to do is to blow on the microphone to get the animals inflated and touch on its body parts for the animal to move.
- Cylon Detector: Cylon is a Battlestar Galactica character. The app lets them take pictures of everyone in the car (or plane) and put on costumes to match and make them a Cylon. As they take your picture and put on the Cyclon attire, watch them make fun of you; they will guffaw with amusement.
- Tappy Tunes: Do you have kids who love music? Rather than let them amuse themselves by creating “noise” using some sound-producing toys, get them playing “real music” with Tappy Tunes. They can control the speed at which the music is played, but not the notes, so they can make real music that is pleasant to the ears of everyone close by.
Parents would be thanking technology with these ingenious apps in mobile devices. Long-haul trips will not be so dreadful anymore for you or for them.