There are many reasons why you should make Spain your destination this summer.
Even with a world of travel locations available, its still hard to find a fabulous summer destination.
Long before the holiday time you’ll be getting excited, fantasizing about your summer vacation. As the holiday time gets closer, you’ll be puting every possible destination under the lens to see what it has to offer; and then you’ll be looking for the “right reasons.”
Your choice will depend on what you want to do over summer.
You may decide to go back and rediscover somewhere you’ve already visited, after missing some fine places or a destination that you came to like, or you may decide to check out other “worthy” places.
Nick Trend of the Telegraph – Travel Section offers Five Reasons Spain is Still the Perfect Summer Destination. He writes, “Don’t know where to go for a last-minute summer holiday? Look no further than an old favourite.”
One great reason, according to Trend is, “Accommodation prices in Spain have long been some the best value in Europe, but the cost of living is low too.” Imagine how far your dollar can go in Spain! “… there are of course plenty of other options to consider. Italy, Croatia, the South of France, Turkey all have their appeal. But for this summer, I’d like to suggest another solution: that old favourite, Spain.”
Trend shares his five reasons why Spain is a good option.
- There’s plenty of availability: Don’t believe every bit of news that says availability (flights, accommodation and destinations) is running low. In fact, there are many options with increased flights and hotel capacities in destinations such as Algarve, Balearics, Tenerife and Lanzarote.
- It’s got everything: There are a number of places in Spain that can offer you pristine beaches, such as the ones in the north coast. Many are underrated and under-promoted. The beach like Formentera is a peaceful destination. If you want a sophisticated ambiance, you will not do wrong with Costa Brava, which is sophisticated and quiet.
- It suits everyone: There is something for everyone. For instance, accommodations range from inexpensive rural cottages in Cantabria to self-catering villas and plush holiday villas in the coastal hills, in Denia and Javea.
- It’s incredible value: The cost of living is low in Spain compared to other European destinations, such as Turkey, Cyprus, Greece or Croatia. So when you are watching your budget with the eyes of a hawk, give Spain a second look. Here, your £24.27 budget can suffice for a three-course meal for two; not something you can do in other European destinations.
- It’s just two hours away: The best thing is you can see more in less time, and for less pounds/dollars. In two hours, you get to unbelievably good spots around the country. That makes Spain a preferable destination when you have just a few days for a holiday.
If it is a sunshine holiday you are looking for, Spain will easily pass your “magnifying lens.” With its warm weather, colorful and flamboyant culture – fiestas, flamenco and bullfights (if you have the stomach for it), your days and nights will never be boring. Costa Blanca’s beaches will leave you satiated while Asturia’s “Green Spain” will offer you a calming holiday.
Your Amazing Places also recommends Marbella, home to Costa del Sol, in Marbella, the Beauty of Spain is a Perfect Summer Destination.
If you are traveling with your family, The Guardian – Family Holidays Section also lists Andalucia, Alicante, and again, Costa Blanca in its Top 20 Family Holidays in Europe This Summer.
Where to go in Spain? Get tips and ideas from Annie Bennett’s post on Telegraph Travel: Spain Summer Holidays Guide about “… Catalonia, Aragon, Valencia, Andalusia, the Balearic and Canary Islands…”