It is likely that during you trip your lifestyle will be very different from what you are used to at home.
You’ll probably be eating and exercising differently and it is quite likely that your activities won’t be quite as regular as what your body has become used to.
Under these conditions, it can be quite common for people to become sick, or at least to feel a little off-colour for a few days as the body takes time to adjust to a new way of doing things.
This is something that you really want to avoid, because you don’t want to waste your precious days away being unwell.
It is highly recommended that you speak to your local physician about your planned trip, in order to ensure that there are no issues that you need to be concerned about.
Amongst the things that you should discuss with your doctor are:
- likely health impacts that may affect you as a result of your travels
- anything you need to divulge on your travel insurance application
- ensuring that you have sufficient quantities of any prescription medicines to last you for the trip
- any health related advisories that are listed for your destinations
- request a copy of a letter to explain what prescription drugs you are taking and why
Find out about health related matters by visiting the Online Travel Consultant website.