Practice Healthy Eating Even When on a Vacation
By Edgar Cohen
You have been following your healthy eating diet for a couple of months now.
You’re doing great, and you have been losing weight!
Now, can you still practice healthy eating even when on a vacation?
Yes! Yes you can! It is very possible for you to go on a vacation, and still stick to your healthy eating plan.
You can enjoy yourself, and keep that weight off. You use the same principles that you use when you are eating out at a restaurant.
1. If you are driving, pack a small box lunch with low fat foods such as turkey, or chicken. Also make sure you take along plenty of water. The idea here is that you want to avoid those fast food places. Also, pack some fruit to supplement your lunch.
2. If you forget or you are flying, then try and see if the airline menu includes some low fat foods and fruit. If they do not supply any food, see point one above. Pack yourself a lunch.
3. When you get to your destination, and you go to a restaurant, look over the menu. See if there are some low fat, low calorie meals.
4. Pass on the dessert tray. It is not worth the calories.
5. Don’t order food that has been fried. Find those dishes that have been either baked or lightly sauteed.
6. Watch those portions! Too many restaurants give you too much food! If it is possible, box up one half your meal and save it for later. Or, if that cannot be done, don’t hesitate to simply leave the food you don’t eat right there on your plate. Have the waiter take it off the table as soon as possible. That way you won’t be tempted.
7. Please, have the waiter not set the breadbasket on the table. Again, look out for all those calories.
8. If there is a gym at the hotel, take advantage of it! Just because you are on vacation, does not mean you cannot exercise. If you are at the beach, that is great! You will find briskly walking on the beach one of the best things you can do for yourself.
There are many other tips that you can do and still have a great time. You can practice healthy eating even when on a vacation. There is no need to think that you will completely blow your diet plan.
You can stick to your diet, and eat well without eating excessive calories and fat. It just takes some planning on your part.
Now, that you know this, you will want to know all about the right healthy eating plan and losing weight.
So, go to http://eatingoutdiets.info.